[arin-tech-discuss] Error message when I sent an org payload to create an Org

Zhao, Sean Sean.Zhao at CenturyLink.com
Wed Aug 31 14:56:53 EDT 2011

Hi,
                I got an error when I was trying to send an org payload to create an Org.  Here is the error message returned from Arin
<error xmlns="http://www.arin.net/regrws/core/v1">
<additionalInfo>
<message>element "iso3166-1" not allowed in this context</message>
<message>element "streetAddress" not allowed in this context</message>
<message>element "pocLinks" not allowed in this context</message>
</additionalInfo>
<code>E_SCHEMA_VALIDATION</code>
<components/>
<message>The XML payload did not validate against the defined schema.  Please see the documentation for details.</message>
</error>

The payload I sent is
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<org xmlns="http://www.arin.net/regrws/core/v1">
<iso3166-2>AZ</iso3166-2>
<iso3166-1 xmlns="">
<name></name>
<code2>US</code2>
<code3>USA</code3>
<e164></e164>
</iso3166-1>
<streetAddress xmlns="">
<line number="1">1113 W BIRCHWOOD AVE</line>
</streetAddress>
<city>MESA</city>
<postalCode>85210</postalCode>
<orgName>ADVANCED ENERGY IDEAS</orgName>
<pocLinks xmlns="">
<pocLinkRef name="RON KOTLOFF" handle="KOTLO3-ARIN" function="AB"/>
<pocLinkRef name="SEAN ZHAO" handle="ZHAOS13-ARIN" function="N"/>
<pocLinkRef name="SEAN ZHAO" handle="ZHAOS14-ARIN" function="T"/>
</pocLinks>
</org>

The url is https://www.arin.net/rest/org/?apikey=MyApiKey.

Did I do anything wrong? It complains about the iso3166-1 element that I included. But it is in the document. Even the document has the example. Please let me know what I missed or what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Sean Zhao
Sean.Zhao at CenturyLink.com

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication