[arin-tech-discuss] rest POCHANDLE returns not found

Bill Dolan BDOLAN at optimumlightpath.com
Thu Aug 4 15:43:33 EDT 2011

Converting from email...just trying to make some initial contact with ARIN rest service.
I submit either of the following (full packet below) and get 404 error, but not like 404 page not found...more like query fail. Message says Not Found.  When submit with browser, message says "No record found for the handle provided."

http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/ORGHANDLE?apikey=API-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/POCHANDLE?apikey=API-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

The body of the request is empty (rather a single space, cause my integration platform does not allow empty body.

I opened ticket to confirm apikey is correct and linked to POC and org, which was confirmed.  What am I doing wrong? Do I need to include something else in the request?  Username/password?  I would imagine I'd get a different error.
Sorry to sound like a noob, just frustrated.

Bill

packet sent:
Hypertext Transfer Protocol
GET /rest/org/ORGHANDLE?apikey=API-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx HTTP/1.1\r\n
[Expert Info (Chat/Sequence): GET /rest/org/ORGHANDLE?apikey=API-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx HTTP/1.1\r\n]
Request Method: GET
Request URI: /rest/org/ORGHANDLE?apikey=API-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Request Version: HTTP/1.1
Host: whois.arin.net\r\n
\r\n

Bill Dolan
Tech App SW Lead

200 Jericho Quadrangle
Jericho, NY  11753
516.803.6717 (office)
516.807.8850 (mobile)
Why Optimum Lightpath?
www.optimumlightpath.com/why
The information transmitted in this email and any of its attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information concerning Cablevision and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright.   Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete and destroy the communication and all of the attachments you have received and all copies thereof.