[ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP Suggestion and Responses

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Mar 7 15:32:34 EST 2022

One new suggestion was recently submitted to ARIN’s Consultation and Suggestion Process (ACSP). It is in review and pending response. One previous suggestions have been reviewed and pending implementation, with our response below.

ACSP Suggestion 2022.8: Atomic Update option for RPKI API
https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2022/2022-08/

Description: The ARIN API encourages serial updates which, in bulk, are not atomic. There are situations where this is sub-optimal - such as RFC6382. For multiple CRUD operations RPKI ROA and RPSL API Transactions should have the option to be committed atomically.

Value to Community: It would be more robust to be able to pre-stage all the database updates before committing them.

Timeframe: Not specified

Response pending

ACSP Suggestion 2022.2: Operational Support for Ghostbusters RPKI records per RFC 6493
https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2022/2022-02/

Value to Community: Would allow for contacting relevant parties to debug operational RPKI issues.

Timeframe: Not specified

Response from ARIN: Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2022.2 upon confirmed receipt, asking that ARIN provider operational support for Ghostbusters RPKI records per RFC 6493. We agree that Support for Ghostbusters records in the ARIN repository gives organizations more control over the contact information they choose to share in the RPKI infrastructure, and we will schedule this for future development. This suggestion will remain open pending implementation. Thank you for participating in ARIN’s Consultation and Suggestion Process.