[ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP 2019.12: Changes to Special Policy Actions Section of PDP

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu May 16 11:48:55 EDT 2019

On 15 May, we received a new suggestion, numbered 2019.12 upon confirmed
receipt, that ARIN make clarifying changes to the special policy actions
section of the Policy Development Process. Staff is reviewing this
suggestion and will issue a formal response once analysis is complete.

The full text of the suggestion may be found below or at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2019-12/

***

Actions) of the PDP

Value to Community: Section 10 of the PDP (Special Policy Actions) is a
seldom used section, but when it is used it is usually a significant
action. The current PDP contains limited detail about the processes the
community, advisory council, and board should go through when dealing
with an suspended or emergency policy action.

My suggestion is to add additional detail and process flow language to
this section of the PDP using the recent suspension of the wait-list
policy as valued input into how a suspended policy may be updated.

My hope is that the additional details gives the board, advisory
council, and community a better road map of how a suspended or emergency
policy will be reviewed and implemented.

***

Regards,

Communications and Member Services