[ARIN-Suggestions] Response and Closing of ACSP 2019.13: Make ARIN Services IPv6-only

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Jul 30 08:28:08 EDT 2019

On 29 July, we issued a closing response to ACSP 2019.16: ARIN-sponsored
IPAM. Please see the full text of our response and the
suggestion below or online at:

https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/acsp/suggestions/2019-16.html

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.16 upon confirmed receipt,
asking that ARIN sponsor an IPAM system for ARIN registrants. There are
commercially available address management products, as well as open
source options, available that may suit your needs. We provide a page
with related information for ARIN registrants who are seeking IPAM
products at following URL. We are happy to include additional IPAM
vendors on this page, at their request.

https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/regrws/

ARIN currently has no plans to create an IPAM product. For this reason,
we are closing your suggestion. We thank you for your participation in
ARIN's Consultation and Suggestion Process.

Suggestion:

An IPAM that an ISP can use to document SuperNets and nested Subnets and
Pools and prefixes and what IPs are assigned/allocated to each IPS's
customers.

Value to Community: An (ARIN sponsored) IPAM downloadable database
system would be a huge benefit to ISPs for the following reasons:

Document SuperNets
Document Subnets (and nested Subnets of Subnets)
Document IP pools to customers and ISP infrastructure networks
OnLine sofrware upgradable
ISP private use of the ISPs IP configuration and IP use
Contain pre-defined ARIN fields (ASNs, Net Handles , Net Ranges) and
other useful ARIN fields in the IPAM
Report generation (useful when working with ARIN)
Such an IPAM is much needed and wanted

Regards,

Communications and Member Services