[ARIN-Suggestions] Three New ACSP Responses Issued

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Feb 6 14:14:43 EST 2019

We have issued our response to three recent suggestions submitted to
ARIN's ACSP. The full text of each suggestion and our response is
provided below.

1. 2019.1: Add Ability to Delete ROAs using API

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2019-1.html

Value to Community: Automation will make deleting ROAs faster and more
efficient for entities participating in RPKI.

RESPONSE:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.1 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN add the ability to delete RPKI ROAs using the API.

We are reviewing your suggestion and will consider it, together with
other RPKI-related community suggestions, for inclusion in our 2020 work
plan.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.
Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

2. 2019.2: Eliminate or Increase Revoked ROA per OrgID

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2019-2.html

Value to Community: The limit of 1400 revoked ROAs should be eliminated
or dramatically increased to ensure an Org never hits that limit. This
would allow businesses to revoke any number of their ROAs as well as
enable them to continue to create an extended lifetime for a ROA without
fear of hitting the limit.

RESPONSE:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.2 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN to Eliminate or Increase Revoked ROA Limit of 1400 per
Org ID.

We agree with your suggestion to include to increase the Revoked ROA limit
that is currently set to 1,400 CRLs per Org. This request will be added
along with other RPKI enhancements that are in the queue. Our development
schedule for the 2019 year is currently filled by previously submitted
community suggestions and other system improvements. We will consider this
suggestion, together with other RPKI-related community suggestions, for
inclusion in our 2020 work plan.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

3. 2019.3: Add Routing & DNS POCs to ARIN Online

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2019-3.html

Value to Community: Echoing Bill Woodcock's suggestion (2018.15), allow
ARIN resource recipients to optionally delegate authority for specific
technical tasks (updating IRR, RPKI, DS, and NS records in ARIN's
databases, for example) to the appropriate people within their
organization, without exposing all functions to all POCs. It will also
allow network operators to use the more specific whois POC records to
directly contact the appropriate people responsible for these functions
within counterpart networks.

RESPONSE:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.3 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN add two new Point of Contact types – Routing and DNS.

This suggestion is very similar to 2018.15, and we agree with your
suggestion to include a new "Routing" point of contact type and a new
"DNS" point of contact type. There may be other Point of Contact types
added as well. These new additions will be included in our IRR-related
work that is currently scheduled to start in the second quarter of 2019
and run through the end of the year.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services