[ARIN-Suggestions] Receipt and Closure of ACSP 2019.8: Election Conduct Standards

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Apr 22 08:18:21 EDT 2019

On 17 April, we received a new suggestion, numbered 2019.8 upon
confirmed receipt, that recommended creating a new standards of behavior
document for elections. This matter was referred to the Board of
Trustees for their consideration and closed.  The full text of the
suggestion and our response to the author are available below, or at:

https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/acsp/suggestions/2019-8.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

***

In sufficient time for implementation before the 2019 Board and AC
elections, the Board should promulgate standards for election conduct.

At a minimum, these standards ought to be aligned with our diversity
goals and establish guidelines for use of email in campaigning. The
current regimen puts those who honor the Community's traditional
aversion to spamming at a disadvantage to those who do not.

Value to Community: Sets expectations for conduct, avoids appearance of
wrongdoing by candidates and other potential distractions from more
important issues.

Timeframe: Not specified

ARIN Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.8 upon confirmed receipt.

As we understand it, this suggestion recommends the creating Standard of
Conduct for elections to establish alignment with diversity goals, as
well as to set expectations around the use of email by candidates as
part of their campaign efforts.

Given that election-related matters are under the authority of the ARIN
Board of Trustees, this suggestion will be provided to the ARIN Board
for their consideration at a forthcoming monthly meeting.

Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.  This suggestion is now closed.