[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to ACSP 2018.22: Align ARIN password policy with current NIST SP800-63 recommendations

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Oct 19 15:21:07 EDT 2018

On 18 October we issued our response to the submitter of ACSP 2018.22:
Align ARIN password policy with current NIST SP800-63 recommendations.
The full text of the suggestion is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-22.html

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.22 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting alignment of ARIN password policy with current NIST SP800-63
recommendations, as published in June 2017.

We agree with your suggestion and will make this change to our systems.
Our development schedule for the 2018 year is currently filled by
previously submitted community suggestions and other system
improvements. We will consider this suggestion, together with other
community suggestions requesting enhancements to ARIN Online, for
possible inclusion into our 2019 work plan.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services