[ARIN-Suggestions] NEW ACSP 2018.15: Add "routing" and "DNS" Points of Contact

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Jul 30 11:15:28 EDT 2018

On 30 July we received a new suggestion, numbered 2018.15 upon confirmed
receipt, requesting that ARIN add two new optional Point of Contact
(POC) types for routing and DNS.

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-15.html

There are currently a number of different types of Point of Contact,
including Administrative, Technical, Abuse, and others. I suggest that
we add two more types of optional POC: one for routing contacts (such as
would be responsible for IRR and RPKI implementation) and one for DNS
contacts (such as would be responsible for updating in-addr DNSSEC DS
records and in-addr DNS nameserver delegations).

Value to Community: This will allow ARIN resource recipients to
optionally delegate authority for specific technical tasks (updating
IRR, RPKI, DS, and NS records in ARIN's databases, for example) to the
appropriate people within their organization, without exposing all
functions to all POCs. It will also allow network operators to use the
more specific whois POC records to directly contact the appropriate
people responsible for these functions within counterpart networks.

We will be issuing our response to this suggestion soon.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services