[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to ACSP 2017.16: Allow registered brokers to be added to transfer tickets

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Oct 19 11:25:36 EDT 2017

On 19 October, ARIN issued its response to ACSP 2017.16: Allow
registered brokers to be added to transfer tickets.

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2017-16.html

***

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2017.16 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting brokers be allowed to be added to transfer tickets.

As you noted, it is currently possible for organizations to designate
transfer brokers as one of their points of contact, thereby allowing
them full access to transfer ticket communications between them and
ARIN. This is an option available to all organizations who hold direct
registrations in the ARIN database, regardless of membership or RSA/LRSA
status. Separately, ARIN currently follows instructions from registrants
inside their transfer tickets regarding communications with transfer
brokers. If a registrant indicates inside their transfer ticket that
they authorize ARIN to speak to a particular broker about the status and
disposition of their transfer ticket, we follow those instructions.

It is noted that the review of transfer tickets via email communications
would allow others who are not points of contact to be added to the
email thread for information or other purposes during the course of
review for transfer requests. ARIN discontinued the review of transfer
requests via email two years ago when we brought that service and
associated processes into our more secure ARIN Online portal. Although
customers have the option to receive the full text of ARIN's ticket
place inside ARIN Online.

It is possible for us to create a new contact type that would allow
brokers, and others who might have a similar need, to provide assistance
to companies in their ticket communications with ARIN. To help us better
understand possible use cases and desired features in this area, we will
conduct a community consultation on this topic. We plan to have this
consultation posted for review by the community by Q1 of 2018.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until after the community
consultation has concluded and ARIN has made implementation plans based
on feedback received through that process.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services