[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2015.6: MAKE TRANSFER STATISTICS AVAILABLE ON FTP

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Apr 29 17:31:07 EDT 2015

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2015.6. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2015-6.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

Can we put the transfer statistics from
https://www.arin.net/knowledge/statistics/transfers.html available on
ftp.arin.net?

Value to Community: It would enable to grab automatically the data,
chart it and do statistical analysis on it.

*Response:*

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2015.6, regarding the
availability of transfer statistics on the ARIN FTP site.

Internet number resources that are transferred do currently appear in
the FTP statistics, but there is nothing that distinguishes regular
assignments and allocations from those that involved a transfer. This is
a change that we can make. ARIN staff believe that this suggestion would
provide data beneficial to the global Internet community. The optimal
solution would be to coordinate similar transfer related changes to the
extended statistics across all Regional Internet Registries. Thus
similar transfer statistics would be available in all regions. Since
this approach involves work in coordination with other registries, we do
not have an implementation date but will target making the transfer
statistics available on the ARIN site as soon as possible.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Suggestion and Consultation
Process. We will keep this suggestion open until it has been implemented.