[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2014.24 - FILE FORMATS FOR ARIN FORMS

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Aug 29 14:46:34 EDT 2014

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2014.24. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2014-24.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

documentation in a variety of file formats and types.

This is suggestion is relatively minor but should be easy to implement:
when ARIN staff attach an ARIN form to a ticket, such as an Office
Attestation, rather than assume the ticket submitter has access to
Microsoft Word (i.e. officer-attest.doc), perhaps an HTTP link to both
Word and (editable) Adobe Acrobat documents can be provided, or attach
both versions to the ticket.

Value to Community: Makes the form(s) more accessible to more of the
community on more platforms and operating systems.

*Response:*

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2014.24, regarding file formats
used in attachments uploaded by ARIN staff in ARIN Online.

We are updating our procedures to ensure flexibility of file formats
provided in ARIN Online tickets, based on preferences indicated by
customers. We are also evaluating the inclusion of other file formats,
such as PDF, in addition to MS-Word, as the default file formats for
attachments uploaded in ARIN Online.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Suggestion and Consultation
Process. We will keep this suggestion open until it has been fully
implemented.