[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2013.14: SIGN ARIN'S FORWARD DNS ZONE

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed May 22 13:17:45 EDT 2013

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2013.14. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-14.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

The arin.net zone and in particular www.arin.net does not seem to be DNS
Sec signed. It would be good for ARIN to demonstrate their leadership in
the Internet technical community and sign their forward DNS zone,
arin.net. As an example both Lacnic and RIPE have signed their forward
zones.

If this means changing DNS registrars, then please do so.

Thank you.

*Response:*

We will add this additional feature to a planned upgrade to our existing
DNSSEC signing services and roll out signed forward zones that ARIN is
authoritative for by Q2 of 2014. This suggestion will remain open.