<html aria-label="message body"><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body style="overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;"><div>I think your interpretation makes a lot of sense.</div><div><br></div><div>However, according to a recent blog post from ARIN (<a href="https://www.arin.net/blog/2026/10/07/arin-58-policies/">https://www.arin.net/blog/2026/10/07/arin-58-policies/</a>) it states: "IPv4 space issued from this special reserved block of IP addresses can only be used within the ARIN region”. That language makes me think it must be exclusively used within the ARIN service area.</div><div><br></div><div>I understand that blog post is not the official policy draft, although it does give insight into how ARIN is interpreting policy and how enforcement might work.</div><div><br></div><div>What are your thoughts?</div><div><br></div><div>Charlie Fish</div><div>rrainn LLC<br id="lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote type="cite"><div>On Oct 8, 2026, at 8:27 AM, Eric C. Landgraf <echarlie@vt.edu> wrote:</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div><div>On Oct 07 20:23, Charlie Fish wrote:<br><blockquote type="cite">Reserving 4.10 resources for IPv6 deployment is great, however, I’m<br>concerned about restricting their use to the ARIN service region.<br>Allowing for global Anycast could allow a single IPv4 /24 to support<br>dual-stack authoritative DNS, or IPv4 reverse proxies that sit in<br>front of a IPv6-first network, across multiple regions. Limiting 4.10<br>resources to the ARIN region would only increase latency for my users.<br><br>It looks like ARIN-2025-5 previously included language permitting<br>global Anycast when consistent with an ARIN region justification.<br>However it looks like that proposal was abandoned. I’m curious if this<br>particular use case has been considered separately under ARIN-2025-8.<br><br>Would it make sense to preserve global Anycast under 4.10, provided<br>the resources are legitimately supporting IPv6 deployment within the<br>ARIN region as well?<br></blockquote><br>"Anycast" is not a term defined or used in the NRPM. The language of<br>2025-8 says this is to "facilitate IPv6 deployment within the ARIN<br>service area"; provided your global anycast service facilitates IPv6<br>deployment within the ARIN service area, I think it need not be used<br>*exclusively* within the ARIN service area.<br><br>Draft Policy 2026-5 "Define Out of Region Use" is an active effort to<br>clarify this.<br><br><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">    </span>Eric C. Landgraf<br><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">  </span>Virginia Tech<br>_______________________________________________<br>ARIN-PPML<br>You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to<br>the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List (ARIN-PPML@arin.net).<br>Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:<br>https://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml<br>Please contact info@arin.net if you experience any issues.<br></div></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>