[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2024-8: Restrict the Largest Initial IPv6 Allocation to /20

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jun 27 16:09:27 EDT 2024

On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 12:59 PM Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
> Well that looks like an area of policy that needs to be tightened.

Hi Mark,

That's just the thing - I don't want us to tighten IPv6 policy. I want
to leave it nice and flexible... and capped at a small enough
allocation that we can afford to stay nice and flexible indefinitely.
The current /16 is not that cap. It's too large. Hence my support for
this policy proposal which shrinks it to /20.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin