[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2024-8: Restrict the Largest Initial IPv6 Allocation to /20

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 23:06:18 EDT 2024

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 11:37 PM Owen DeLong via ARIN-PPML
<arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:

> ARIN is responsible and diligent in evaluating requests.
>
> The fact that only a single /16 has been issued to date makes me think that this is a solution in search of a problem.
>
> I think the policy is fine as it is.

I would tend to agree.  When the /16 was issued (to a
large fintech firm as I recall), there may have been a
couple of raised eyebrows (mine included), but no
one suggested that it was an inappropriate issuance.
I would need to see more than one /16 issued to
believe there is something that needs adjustment.