[arin-ppml] Revised - Draft Policy ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Sep 29 18:00:04 EDT 2023

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 2:50 PM Owen DeLong via ARIN-PPML
<arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:
> Personally, I am of the opinion that if we are going to take this step, we should
> consider new terminology altogether.

I second that. Allocation and assignment are "terms of art" with very
specific meanings and a massive amount of documentation and discussion
archived on the Internet in explanation. As we leave those meanings
behind, we should leave the corresponding terms of art with them.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin