[arin-ppml] Making the Sausage (was: re: AC Candidate [...etc...] )

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Oct 30 18:52:19 EDT 2023

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 3:18 PM Leif Sawyer <lsawyer at gci.com> wrote:
> William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> replies:
> > Been doing these things for a decade and a half Leif. I even ran for
> > the Board, and once gave a technical lightning talk up on stage.
>
> Please do take care not to conflate running for the Board of Trustees - which is
> very specifically geared toward the overall governance of ARIN as an organization,
> with running for the Advisory Council - which is very limited to policy shepherding
> for the community with regard to the NRPM.

Hi Leif,

I was nominated for both, but a candidate has to choose one or the
other. At the time I had a point to make about IPv6 deployment and
felt I could deliver the message more forcefully as a candidate for
the Board. As I recall, I got 73 votes, the guy with the most votes
got 209 and the guy elected with the least votes got 137.

> You've got my full support to run for the AC.   I'd love for you to get embedded
> and use that passion you have for the community from the inside.

If nominated, I'll run. If elected I'll serve. I won't nominate myself.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin