[arin-ppml] AC Candidates (Chris Tacit)

Heather Schiller heather.skanks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 21:36:33 EDT 2023

The substantive discussion about the policy *is* held in public.  Behind
closed doors, the AC deliberates on pretty narrow aspects, technically
sound, fairness/impartiality and whether there is community support.  For
the former 2, it is often a summary of the points the community has brought
up.  The AC doesn't typically bring up points that haven't been discussed
before the community, on the odd occasion that a new aspect or question
does come up, it usually goes back to the community for more discussion.
By the time the AC is debating whether to forward something to the board,
everything has been hashed out publicly and they are weighing support.  The
AC minutes reflect this. Further the votes are roll call votes and the
minutes reflect how AC members voted.

As for the volume of discussion -- it often speaks for itself.

 --h