[arin-ppml] AC Candidates (Chris Tacit)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 27 16:10:03 EDT 2023

> On Oct 27, 2023, at 3:17 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
> Does holding the substantive discussion in closed meetings while the
> bulk of proposals see little or no public comment on the list equate
> to the AC *not* dominating the conversation?

Bill -

The ARIN AC holds quite a bit of discussions about the draft policies, but that discussion
focuses primarily on the discussion of the proposals that occurs on this ppml mailing list
and on comments raised during the public policy consultation portion of the ARIN meetings.

In other words, they discuss your remarks (and the remarks of others) made here.   While it
is true that the individual ARIN AC members have their own views on draft policies, I have
personally seen many occasions where shepards have recommend actions to the contrary
due to community support that ran in a different direction.

> Does the current process actually achieve that lofty goal?

Yes.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran