[arin-ppml] AC candidates

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 26 14:15:16 EDT 2023

> On Oct 26, 2023, at 10:42, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 10:18 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> I know taking pot shots at the PDP and the AC is one of your favorite
>> hobbies, but I think you’re a bit off base on this one.
>
> Stick your fingers in your ears if you like. I've watched PPML
> participation die the death of a thousand cuts and it's no mystery to
> me what inflicted the wounds.

Well… Maybe… I’ve watched policies become less controversial and more trivial over time.
The reality is that most of what the AC is working on today doesn’t really represent any
significant or major shifts in address policy. The policy regime has become rather stable
and most people are no longer upset about $pet_need not being met any more.

When PPML was at its most active, the community was also at its most divided and
there was significant discontent and rancor. That seems to be less today and I think
that most of the change is more people moving from passionate to “meh” towards
the current policy situation.

Owen