[arin-ppml] AC candidates

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Thu Oct 26 12:28:53 EDT 2023

On 10/26/2023 9:20 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 8:27 AM Andrew Dul <andrew.dul at quark.net> wrote:
>> While the PPML is open to any participant we see very few active
>> collaborators on this list.  My perception as someone who has been on
>> this list for a long time is that the number of active collaborators has
>> decreased over time.
> Hi Andrew,
>
> It plummeted after the Board changed the AC's role from shepherding
> policy proposals to developing policy proposals.

 From a policy development perspective the AC's role has not changed
significantly in more than a decade.  The AC's official role is still
being policy shepherds.

When an AC member submits a policy proposal they do it as a member of
the community not in their capacity as AC members.

I realize that might be a distinction with out a difference, but I
wanted to point it out.

Should we disallow an AC member from submitting a policy proposal?

Andrew