[arin-ppml] Section 6.3 Possible Retirement (NRPM Working Group engagement)

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at es.net
Tue Nov 28 09:42:47 EST 2023

Thus spake Matthew Wilder via ARIN-PPML (arin-ppml at arin.net) on Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 10:47:15AM -0800:
> Hi PPML subscribers,
>
> As a continuation of the series of discussions from the NRPM working group,
> we would like to direct discussions this week toward Section 6.3.
>
> Because Section 6 was a collaborative effort spanning RIRs, it did not
> dovetail perfectly into ARIN's PPML. Section 6.3 goals reflect similar
> principles laid out in Section 1 and therefore we as a group wonder if the
> goals in Section 6.3 still provide value, or if it might be time to retire
> them.

6.3.2 and 6.3.3 seems to overlap with 1.1. I think they could be merged
in some fashion, taking whatever language is better.  Those principles
apply to both ipv4 and ipv6.

6.3.4 through .8 seem to me seem to stand on their own, reflecting
policy goals that are more unique to ipv6 at this point.  They likely
should be preserved.

Dale