[arin-ppml] 240/4 was : Policy Experience Report Working Group Leasing Question

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sun May 7 15:34:11 EDT 2023

> Dominik Dobrowolski wrote :
> Could we expect the adoption of 240/4 for unicast use?

No. This is not an ARIN matter, BTW. Expect, no.

> There were proposals, yet do you know this is treated seriously?

I would say seriously yes, although I don't doubt that some would disagree. But this is beside the point : the cabale that opposes it has historically been powerful enough to derail the multiple efforts every time. An interesting rally of strange bed-fellows.

> Anyway I say it is better to have a block partially useful than not useful at all.

This argument has been made over and over for the last 20+ years and still there is no go. I don't see it changing any time soon.
Although I have supported such efforts in the past and will continue to do so, this is flogging a dead horse.

Michel