[arin-ppml] Policy Experience Report Working Group

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri May 5 18:37:00 EDT 2023

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 2:30 PM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> Nobody should have been denied addresses based on convention. Address denial should have been rooted in policy.

Owen,

I defy you to show me the policy which says I can't have a /22 based
on the use justification that I'm going to write those thousand
addresses, in pen, on my computer case. 100% utilization within hours
of the assignment!  -Conventionally- that is not a sufficient
technical justification. You won't find it in the -policy- but I'm
pretty sure ARIN staff will deny the request based on -convention-.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin