[arin-ppml] Policy Experience Report Working Group Leasing Question

Michael B. Williams Michael.Williams at glexia.com
Fri May 5 12:04:40 EDT 2023

I'd go a step further even to say there should be an explicit policy
statement *against* the leasing of IP space from entities who obtain IP
space from the waitlist. Even further, if an entity obtains IP space from
the waitlist, it should have to attest that they are not leasing its IP
space to another entity. I believe in the community's efficient use of IP
space, so perhaps if an entity is not using its entire IP space, it should
hand the corresponding blocks back to ARIN or alternatively let ARIN govern
a fair and acceptable method to lease IP space. Still, it should *not* be
for profit.