[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2023-2: /26 initial IPv4 allocation for IXPs

Kevin Blumberg kevinb at thewire.ca
Thu Jun 29 11:42:39 EDT 2023

I don’t support this policy.

I’ll echo what other operators have said, renumbering is non-trivial at an IXP.

Is ARIN even able to provide reverse DNS delegation for a /26 at this point?

The CI pool is in my mind working as intended, the drawn down from the pool as shown earlier has been reasonable.

If the definition of who is an IXP for the purposes of getting space, that is an entirely different proposal and problem statement. In 4.4 it does say “ARIN will make a list of these blocks publicly available.” Is that information available with the IXP name etc?

Thanks,

Kevin Blumberg