[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2023-3: Amendment of the waitlist agreement to include a restriction on leasing

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 13:13:14 EDT 2023

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 12:56 PM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> It’s an interesting idea, but thinking it through just a little, does the
> community or ARIN actually benefit from tis in any meaningful way?

We ensure that the waitlist really is used consistent to policy. Making it
complaint based doesn’t waste a lot of time and it should, at least IMHO,
address the demand for doing “something” regarding using the addresses for
other than a direct benefit vs. third or fourth party income.

> I couldn’t come up with any benefit myself, but I often get accused of
> lacking imagination.

Not by me. I can think of a few benefits. Perhaps a small bone to public
safety. And something to think about on a wider scale. Other than that, a
small deterrent effect. Good comment though.

Warm regards,

-M<