[arin-ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources

Douglas Haber dhaber at gardenstatecomputing.com
Wed Jun 7 09:04:43 EDT 2023

As a follow up to some of the discussion from July 2022, it appears to me that sentencing may be imminent for Mr. Golestan and Micfo. He filed a motion to withdraw his guilty claims on 26 April of this year [1].

Honorable Richard M. Gergel, US District Judge, issued a ruling [2] on that motion on 15 May denying that motion on a number of grounds including that he took too long and sentencing is imminent.

I, for one, am very curious to see how this plays out in terms of sentencing. It certainly will set a precedent.

[1] https://www.postandcourier.com/behind-the-scenes/charleston-tech-executive-wants-to-withdraw-his-fraud-plea/article_f715474e-e8f8-11ed-a90f-fbd8b3174012.html
[2] https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-golestan

--
Douglas Haber