[arin-ppml] Tenfold fee increases?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Jun 3 19:59:45 EDT 2023

On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 7:19 AM Heather Schiller
<heather.skanks at gmail.com> wrote:
> ARIN moderators -- please consider moving or closing this thread.
>
> Folks, ARIN fees are not set through the Policy Development Process.  The board sets fees and has the fiduciary responsibility to ARIN.  Direct complaints to the Board, maybe the suggestion process, ARIN feedback surveys or the open discussion at membership portion of meetings.
>
> arin-discuss@ would have been the appropriate forum.  Perhaps general-members@ is a better fit.

Hi Heather,

I believe we had this debate last year, where the ultimate consensus was:

1. There is no other open, public forum where these sorts of
public-interest discussions would be more appropriate. Every other
forum you mentioned is to one degree or another closed to the general
public.

2. Topics like this one were few enough and far enough between that it
didn't merit severing them from the PPML list in favor of a new forum.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin