[arin-ppml] Section 6.5.9 Community Network Allocations - Community Input for NRPM Working Group

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at es.net
Wed Dec 20 14:31:46 EST 2023

Thus spake Martin Hannigan (hannigan at gmail.com) on Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 05:12:49PM -0500:
> 1. Agree that Community Network, defined in Section 2, should be
> capitalized and updated throughout the document.
>
> This would appear to be an entirely editorial change.
>
> 2. Agree that the header of Section 6.5.9 could be deleted

I agree with that as well.

> Does the NRPM need  a Community Networks special treatment policy anymore?
> V6 costs and policy have liberalized and it seems just as easy to qualify
> under standard policy.

I think that's the wrong comparison.  I would view this as enabling
Community Networks to get a real GUA block to avoid a lifetime of camping
out in ULA space and ending up with NAT.

Trying to fit them into the mold of an LIR or end-user could raise the
bar just high enough such that they wouldn't bother becoming a member.

Dale