[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2023-2: /26 initial IPv4 allocation for IXPs

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Aug 18 05:00:30 EDT 2023

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 6:06 PM Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a little lost on your fraud concern.

In fairness, so am I. I guess what I'm trying to say is that where
generic assignments can be later repurposed by the registrants to uses
other than the ones which justified their assignment, should we
consider explicitly disallowing for IXP assignments? The occasional
cache host is inoffensive but if the space gets repurposed for
ecommerce sites and cable modem users is that inherently fraudulent?

-Bill

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--