[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - October 2022
info at arin.net
Wed Oct 26 12:53:06 EDT 2022
In accordance with the Policy Development Process (PDP), the Advisory Council met on 21 October 2022.
The AC has advanced the following to Last Call (will be posted separately for discussion):
* ARIN-2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
* ARIN-2022-1: MDN Clarification for Qualification
The AC has advanced the following to Recommended Draft Policy status (will be posted separately for discussion):
* ARIN-2021-8: Deprecation of the ‘Autonomous System Originations’ Field
* ARIN-2022-2: Remove Barrier to BGP Uptake in ASN Policy
* ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5
The AC advances Draft Policies to Recommended Draft Policy status once they have been fully developed and meet ARIN's Principles of Internet Number Resource Policy. Specifically, these principles are:
* Enabling Fair and Impartial Number Resource Administration
* Technically Sound
* Supported by the Community
The AC has reclassified the following as a Draft Policy (will be posted separately for discussion):
* ARIN-edit-2022-4: Clean-up of NRPM Sections 2.1 and 2.2
The AC has abandoned the following:
* ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful
* ARIN-2022-9: Leasing Not Intended
Regarding ARIN-2021-7, The AC issued the following statement:
"Following the feedback received at the ARIN 50 PPC that the community does not support continued work by the AC on Draft Policy ARIN 2021-7, the Draft Policy has been abandoned."
Regarding ARIN-2022-9, The AC issued the following statement:
"At its monthly meeting on October 21 2022, the ARIN AC voted unanimously to abandon ARIN-2022-9: Leasing not Intended. During the ARIN 50 public policy meeting, the community feedback indicated that while clarity of the status quo is desirable, this was not the correct vehicle. Similar to the PPML feedback, support was limited to that clarification. The AC felt that the draft policy text would need such significant change that a new proposal would better serve the community."
Anyone dissatisfied with these decisions may initiate a petition. The deadline to begin a petition will be five business days after the AC's draft meeting minutes are published.
The AC has submitted the following Editorial Change to a second community review period with corrected text:
* ARIN-edit-2022-10: Editorial Clean-up of NRPM Sections 2.4 and 2.5
The AC is continuing to work on:
* ARIN-2022-5: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.11
* ARIN-2022-8: Streamlining Section 11 Policy Language
* ARIN-2022-11: Clean-up of NRPM – Introduction of Section 2.17
* ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update
* ARIN-2022-13: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.10
The PDP can be found at:
Draft Policies and Proposals under discussion can be found at:
Senior Policy Analyst
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ARIN-PPML