[arin-ppml] Revised - Draft Policy ARIN-2022-8: Streamlining Section 11 Policy Language

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 18:23:41 EDT 2022

Thanks for the clarification Anita and Owen.

To clarify where I stand:
I absolutely see the value in permitting temporary experimental use of IP
space, and I do believe there should be special conditions around such
usage to make it easily accessible, yet resistive to abuse. I just don't
think these changes really make a significant impact on whether or not
Section 11 is used going forward. I believe if we want to encourage greater
use of Section 11, it should be overhauled with input from institutions or
individuals who actually have made/would make use of it, not just changed
editorially.

+1 to Nick's request for one or more examples, perhaps even a case study.
This feedback would be helpful.

-Matt

Matt Erculiani
ERCUL-ARIN