[arin-ppml] Election candidate qualification guidance letters

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Oct 5 13:44:58 EDT 2022

On 5 Oct 2022, at 1:11 PM, Matt Harris <matt at netfire.net<mailto:matt at netfire.net>> wrote:

Hey folks,
I was just reading over the information related to qualification status for nominees for the various available positions including the NomCom charter which specifies how these statuses are defined for each candidate. This, and other material, references the "guidance letters" which contain the actual criteria used for assessing candidates, but I cannot find a copy of the guidance letters linked to from any of the associated documents nor from the recent emails or blog post related to the upcoming election. It's entirely possible I'm just blind, but in case I'm not mistaken, are these criteria made public? If not, why not? If so, can we perhaps get some links added so that the voting base can take a look at the criteria used to assess candidates and provide these qualification statuses that are referenced in multiple places?

Matt -

I apologize for the confusion - we often trend a fine line between including too little (versus too much)
information in our many announcements to the community.

Both the Board and AC Guidance letters to the 2022 Nomination Committee is available from the main
ARIN Elections page <https://www.arin.net/participate/oversight/elections/> - the respective links for
these document are also attached below for easy reference –

The Board Guidance to the 2022 Nomination Committee is available here - https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/elections/board_nomcom_guidance2022.pdf

The Advisory Council Guidance to the 2022 Nomination Committee is available here - https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/elections/ac_nomcom_guidance2022.pdf

Best wishes,
/John