[arin-ppml] Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2021-4: Clarifications to Sections 8.3, 8.4 and 8.5.6

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Mar 4 15:49:07 EST 2022

> On Mar 3, 2022, at 16:25 , Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 2:20 PM Owen DeLong via ARIN-PPML <arin-ppml at arin.net <mailto:arin-ppml at arin.net>> wrote:
>
>> Replace
>>
>> “The source entity must be the current rights holder of the IPv4 addresses or ASNs recognized by the RIR responsible for the resources, and not be involved in any dispute as to the status of those resources.”
>>
>> with
>>
>> “The source entity must be the current rights holder of the IPv4 addresses or ASN recognized by the RIR responsible for the resources, and not be involved in any dispute as to the status of those resources.”
>
> I don’t see any difference in this change other than the font size.
>
> They're proposing to change ASNs to ASN there.
>
> -Scott

Ah… Not sure how I missed that in the multiple passes I made looking for it.

In that case, I would suggest that the better change would be ASN(s) since there may be one or more ASN(s) being transferred.

ASN would create an arguable policy limit of one ASN. The current text creates (less of) an arguable policy requirement to transfer multiple ASNs.

Owen