[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Jun 24 02:36:57 EDT 2022

In message <CAP7ff475EJRsUNC1m29qC-tY1xqEZjxMO=-YEkGvVBsdAHJ5aQ at mail.gmail.com>
Louie Lee <louiel at google.com> wrote:

>I may even further add onto John's excellent explanation that the
>individuals within this community do not even have to reside in the ARIN
>service region to participate in ARIN policy discussions!

Thank you.  I am a lifelong Californian, born & bred, so I am quite well and
truly within the region, even if, as you noted, this is not a requirement
for participation.

Having already entered into this topical digression however, I feel that
I have at least at weak justification for extending the digression even
a bit further to ask for confirmation of the following quote from Wikipedia:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Registry_for_Internet_Numbers

   "The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) is the regional
   Internet registry for Canada, the United States, and many Caribbean
   and North Atlantic islands."

Assuming the above to be accurate, I do wonder what the implications might
be of a possible future secession from the United States of America of, for
example, the State of Texas.

May we, the sane, reliably and without fear of contradiction assure our
brethern in the sovereign state of Texas that they and their memberships
shall all be summarily ejected from ARIN upon their state's official
secession from the Union, given that they will no longer be part of the
United States proper and thus no longer part of the ARIN region, as
defined?

Regards,
rfg

Ref: