[arin-ppml] ARIN public participation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 10 20:30:10 EDT 2022

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 5:11 PM Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Internet Governance topic that concerns
> not only members but Community in general.

Hi Fernando,

To be clear, I think John -wants- participation by as many folks as
are willing. I think he just temporarily forgot that the community and
the membership are not the same thing and it is the -community- (not
merely the members) which provides ARIN its bottom-up foundation of
legitimacy. You can't structurally discourage community participation
and then claim to be a bottom-up function of that community. Well, I
mean you can claim anything but it would no longer be true.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin