[arin-ppml] [E] Re: AFRINIC vote buying

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 10 18:18:59 EDT 2022

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 11:55 AM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> Stephen is correct – i.e., those that wish to entertain significant discussions of matters related to AFRINIC governance have more appropriate mailing lists in that community available for such a purpose.
>
> The ARIN-ppml mailing list is to provide a forum for
> number policy development activities in the ARIN region.

Hi John,

If one of the RIRs is malfunctioning or acting out of scope (as
alleged) that's a topic of concern for any and all of the other RIRs,
hence in scope for ARIN.

Respectfully, as the oldest and most trafficked ARIN forum, PPML is
the default place for ARIN-related discussion. Despite the occasional
request, there still still isn't another -open- forum for general
purpose ARIN-related discussion that might or might not lead to policy
proposals or formal suggestions. Lacking a reasonable alternative, it
would be improper to shut the discussion down here.

I've been disappointed with the personal attacks in this thread and
found the video that started it to be largely evidence-free but 100%
this is the place for the discussion to happen.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin