[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

Paul E McNary pmcnary at cameron.net
Thu Jul 28 08:48:37 EDT 2022

S ole proprietors can get resources but it is difficult and time consuming to jump through ARIN hoops for us. 
You still have to register with Secretary of State which Missouri did not do for sole proprietors when I started my ARIN process. 
However it became a little easier when we formed a LLC (Limited Liability Company) not "Corporation" in Missouri to deal with ARIN. 
ARIN policies definitely "discriminate" against sole proprietors/individuals. 
Especially when legal entity isn't required to file with Secretary of State and a Social Security number is used as ITIN. 
Many "Legacy" resource holders are sole proprietors /individuals. ARIN policies make it difficult to allign these resources in the database. 

From: "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan at gmail.com> 
To: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg at tristatelogic.com> 
Cc: "arin-ppml" <arin-ppml at arin.net> 
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2022 7:24:22 AM 
Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] Deceased Companies? 

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 7:33 PM Ronald F. Guilmette < [ mailto:rfg at tristatelogic.com | rfg at tristatelogic.com ] > wrote: 

In message <CAMDXq5NmX70aSW4ioASLDONrOAF+bzifctgJW9LrQOD-nZw= [ mailto:9A at mail.gmail.com | 9A at mail.gmail.com ] >, 
Martin Hannigan < [ mailto:hannigan at gmail.com | hannigan at gmail.com ] > wrote: 

>> >How big [real] is the problem? One body? Or five hundred? 
>> I had a premonition that someone might ask that. 
>> The honest answer is: I don't know. But I can certainly imagine [ clip ] 
>I don't doubt that this occurs. But I doubt its on such a scale to warrant 
>members absorbing costs to go on a witch hunt. Willing to look at a data. 

(*) Witch hunt and batteries not included. 

But seriously, what basic bona fides does ARIN require these days just 
in order to open a membership, totally independent of any resource 

For a corporate entity? 

You’d have to ask them, but presumably a filing with a secretary of state. There’s nothing complicated about this. You fill out a form. You file it. You pay a fee. You’re a corporation. You are now a listed corporation. You can go a step further and do business in other states by filing a foreign entity registration. (Foreign as in another state, not local to the State). You can have your own Delaware LLC and IRS TIN in less than 30m and without a lawyer if you really want to. Boring. 


For a natural person? 

AFAIK sole proprietors aren’t allowed to obtain resources. 



I'm seriously asking because I don't know. 


Now you do. 

Warm regards, 


You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to 
the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List (ARIN-PPML at arin.net). 
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at: 
Please contact info at arin.net if you experience any issues. 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/attachments/20220728/74bd58ee/attachment.htm>

More information about the ARIN-PPML mailing list