[arin-ppml] Member Existance Documentation (or the lack thereof)

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Jul 28 15:56:38 EDT 2022

In message <CAMDXq5P0tgEDnGZnR9b8a67C9UBRoNiqGUd_tWURM0JCGomUsw at mail.gmail.com>
Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

>You're asking lawyer questions.

No.  I'm not.  I'm asking if it should be harder to claim your coat at the
dry cleaner than it is to become a resource-holding ARIN member.

It doesn't take a law degree to answer that question.

>Im not a lawyer.

Fine.  I wasn't asking you specifically.

>You're also asking what
>the majority of us believe are administrative non policy questions.

So you don't think that vetting members should be rightfully construed as
an important matter of policy?

And you're entirely sure that you speak for the majority on this point?

All I can say is that I think this evasion is altogether worthy of British
civil servant and Permanent Secretary Sir Humphrey Appleby, who also famously
opined on the frequent confusion between the policy of administration and the
administration of policy.

https://twitter.com/yessirhumphrey/status/1378200915409309699

Regards,
rfg