[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 28 14:39:40 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 5:48 AM Paul E McNary via ARIN-PPML
<arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:
> ARIN policies definitely "discriminate" against sole proprietors/individuals.

Hi Paul,

Actually it's ARIN business practices which discriminate against
individuals. Nothing in the policies distinguishes between one sort of
legal entity and another.

I ran into this when I registered AS11875. It took several go-arounds
before ARIN accepted that yes I, a natural person, had a legitimate
policy-compliant need for a number resource.

Forming an LLC is definitely the path of least resistance. In some
cases it can even be helpful to do so for each requested resource. If
you're requesting small quantities of number resources, a per-resource
organization can simplify the documentation that justifies the
resources since the organization has no history to overcome.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
For hire. https://bill.herrin.us/resume/