[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 25 23:03:22 EDT 2022

> On 25 Jul 2022, at 10:18 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
> Still the same as when we had this discussion 10 years ago when you
> were, to use your words, "well aware of" it.
>
> https://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2012-June/058754.html

Bill -

Yes, I remain well aware of it, but alas it was the NSF that directed the transfer of the tasks and
database to ARIN – there is nothing present in their direction to suggest your postulated limitation,
and the NSF press release is remarkably clear that the community will be able to set policy for the
management of the registry database.

You may believe that you have some encumbrance on the ARIN registry database that allows you
to operate outside of the community-developer policy, but absent some agreement to that effect I’d
advise against doing so as ARIN will continue to operate the registry per the community-developed
policy for all registry entries, legacy included – as announced by NSF at ARIN’s formation.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO