[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Mon Jul 25 16:14:23 EDT 2022

I don't usually post memes to policy mailing lists, but...

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 1:08 PM Paul E McNary <pmcnary at cameron.net> wrote:

> ARIN controls the root servers for this region do they not.
> Without the root servers nothing gets routed.
> That is a part of the number resources ARIN made commitments to maintain
> for all resources that had been allocated.
> And yes I was well alive before Al Gore invented the Internet. :-)

[image: image.png]
https://media.tenor.com/images/ec1e284a7da93f47ee8499c4462f3539/tenor.png

In this case, I would argue it was warranted.   ^_^;

No, ARIN does not control the root servers.

No, the root servers don't control routing of IP addresses.

No, ARIN made no commitment of any sort about root servers.

And no, Al Gore did not invent the Internet.   ^_^;

Matt