[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:02:40 EDT 2022

Em 25/07/2022 11:34, John Curran escreveu:
> <clip>
>> I have seen administratively and voluntarily dissolved corporations come
>> back to life, so ARIN must consider this.
> Exactly… It turns out that dissolved isn’t necessarily a permanent state, and in addition
> “dissolved” doesn’t mean that the rights necessarily and automatically revert to the ARIN
> community – there may be one or more parties that has potential claim to the resources,
> either via bankruptcy or provisions of the corporate wind down.

Question here John: if the resources are legacy and they were assigned
before ARIN existence, these resources should ideally be reverted back
to IANA which in turn should apply the Post Exhaustion Global Policy
from May 6th 2021 and re-distribute these blocks to all RIRs ?

I guess it would only be valid these resources go directly into ARIN
records in the event of the rightful and still valid resource holder of
the resources state it wishes to transfer these resources to another
ARIN member directly, otherwise they should go to IANA isn't it ?

Fernando