[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 25 10:46:22 EDT 2022

> On 25 Jul 2022, at 10:30 AM, Paul E McNary via ARIN-PPML <arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:
>
> "voluntarily dissolved corporations"
> This term has caused me much grief with ARIN.
> I being a sole proprietorship had many issues and 2 years proving who I was to get resources.
> Amd it is almost impossible to get legacy resources transferred by ARIN if from sole proprietorship.
> It looks like sole proprietorships are heavily discriminated against in ARIN policy and procedures.
> WHY?

Paul -

There’s no bias against sole proprietorships, but recognize that there’s often a lack of readily verifiable
documentation (unlike a registered legal entity) and the same ease with which we accept representations
of a purported genuine resource holder aids those who frequently attempt to hijack your number resources.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO