[arin-ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 14 13:27:09 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 4:36 AM Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>   1)  I cannot, in all honesty and good conscience, report something as
>       "fraud" where the set of pertinent facts, as I have elaborated them,
>       *do not* suggest that there has been any fraud, deceit, or
>       misrepresentation of any kind, at least not on the part of the member
>       organization in question.

Hi Ronald,

Then don't call it fraud. Call it "use potentially inconsistent with
ARIN policy." Let ARIN determine whether it's fraud.

Of more concern to me is the lack of transparency in ARIN
investigations of fraud. I realize there's a delicate line to walk
here between public transparency, non-disclosure of private
information and defamation but it doesn't feel like we're at the right
balance. The whole thing happens behind closed doors. Unless it ends
up in court, all the public gets is a terse summary.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
For hire. https://bill.herrin.us/resume/