[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Aug 10 21:41:12 EDT 2022

In message <CAMDXq5OHTn98z9n70jW3ATDFu52q4HWOhOLYaxm3wee9CQo7sg at mail.gmail.com>,
Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

>You can't describe a single bad act related to $state of a corporation in
>any US commonwealth, state, province or possession

Well, the term "bad act" is potentially rather broad, and might cover a whole
lot of things that aren't even unambiguously illegal in the jurisdictions
where they originate.  But as a general matter, it was never my intent to
prove what you call "bad acts" on the part of any specific or individual ARIN
resource holder, nor would any such proofs even be relevant here.  This is not
thet Bad Acts mailing list.  This is the ARIN public policy maling list, and
the only things that are relevant here are ARIN policies and procedures, and
I've provided ample evidence here, AS YOU DEMANDED, to support my primary con-
tention that there exist entities, and perhaps even many entities, that have
been formally and irreversably dissolved within their home jurisdictions and
that nontheless continue to be registrants of (scarce) ARIN number resources.

I understand that this continued mis-allocation of scare resources to long-
dissolved corporate entities doesn't bother you in the slightest.  That's fine.
You are entitled to your opinion.  I however see the situation as being at
least problematic, and I suspect that most or all of the organizations which
have been waiting patiently for months on the ARIN Wait List for fresh resources
do also.

I suppose that we could ask them.  Shall we do that?

Regards,
rfg