[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Aug 8 07:33:29 EDT 2022

> On 5 Aug 2022, at 4:48 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
> Although I have no objections whatsoever to giving my best effort to drafting
> and defending a policy proposal on the topic of dissolved resource-holding
> entities, I am well aware that the policy adoption process could possibly
> take quite some months.  In the interm. what, if anything, does the CEO feel
> either can or should be done, by staff, with respect to such dissolved entities
> that may come to staff's attention?  Obviously, having clear and ratified policy
> guidance in place is optimal, but I am not persuaded that the current absence
> of such clear guidance entirely precludes ARIN staff from appropriately actioning
> such cases on its own authority, consistant with ARIN's overall mission of being
> good shepherds of limited resources.

Ronald -

If you find a Whois entry that reflects resources assigned to a clearly dissolved entity,
feel free to report it here:  https://account.arin.net/public/whoisinaccuracy/report
(Include sufficient detail to facilitate our verification of this status)

We will endeavor to look into such situations and correct where possible – considering
that (as you did above) we have limited resources that must be prioritized across many
activities.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran