[arin-ppml] ARIN actions regarding address blocks with no valid POCs (was: Re: Deceased Companies?)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Aug 7 13:38:45 EDT 2022

> On 6 Aug 2022, at 10:02 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
> Even ignoring the rather colorful and vivid imagery of the above statement,
> I would suggest that, as a purely pratical matter, it would be highly
> inadvisable for ARIN to make any effort to reclaim any of the some 175+
> million IPv4 addresses currently assigned to the United States Department
> of Defense.

Many US Government agencies, including the US Department of Defense, are already ARIN members with their number resources under a registration services agreement.

I do believe that they will always remain in good standing (and most fervently wish that to be the case since having to deal with reclamation might indeed be a tad challenging…)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO